Why guns should be legal
Owning a gun has a lot of benefits, whether it's for protection, sports, or recreation. It is undeniable that with the proper training and education, having a gun can be beneficial to both gun owners and the people around them.
Gun control has been a big topic not just in America but also in the whole world. Some say that they enjoy owning a gun particularly for hunting, athletic events, and target shooting. With all the debates, political agendas, and opinions, each group of people has their perspective towards owning a gun. It is reasonable that owning a gun should be legal. It may be a big statement, but obtaining a firearm should never be prohibited.
Reasons to own a gun:
Guns can also be used for different types of shooting sports, such as bullseye shooting, field shooting, rapid-fire, clay target, and practical shooting. These gun sports are enjoyed by professionals and beginners that have a good knowledge of guns and typically use them for their hobby.
A wide range of gun owners bought their guns for their love of sports. The main reason why they obtain a firearm is for sports and recreation.
Guns can also be enjoyable and not just portrayed as evil accessories towards crime. With the help of education, guns can be both helpful and enjoyable.
5 mental and physical benefits of shooting sport:
- Fine-tuning your fitness - Handling a firearm for shooting sports increases your strength, especially your arm and wrist strength. It also increases your stamina and balance while relieving stress.
- Mental processing - During shooting sports, the mind needs to block out all other thoughts and focus only on the end goal. This will help your mind process faster and focus better under time constraints.
- Adrenaline - Shooting will spike epinephrine that will increase adrenaline that also produces good endorphins and serotonin. This contributes to the feeling of happiness and a rewarding feeling.
- Recoil therapy - Shooting sports requires you to be focused. Repeatedly breathing slowly and steadily is required for accurate shooting. This technique helps calm individuals, making them feel more relaxed.
- Developing self-discipline - Shooting sports increase your concentration levels and self-discipline by maintaining your shot plan or routine.
Firearms for protection and home defense:
One of the advantages of owning a gun is for protection. With the amount of crime that is happening, it is only prudent to invest in something that you can depend on in situations we may not expect. Having a gun is a great way to have security, not just for households but also while traveling. In times of trouble immediate help may not be available and having a sidearm may provide you with instant protection while waiting for extra help from the authorities. It is helpful to have a gun at hand but also make sure that your firearms are safe, secure, and away from those that are prohibited from using firearms.
The 5 best guns for home defense:
- Mossberg 500 - Used by the military all around the world. Mossberg 500 is one of the most reliable shotguns out there. Relatively affordable, and has everything you need for home defense.
- Remington 870 - The Remington 870 has been around for more than a half-century, you can never go wrong with this firearm as it is pump-action is dependable in any situation.
- AR-15 - Rifles are also a great thing to invest in when it comes to home defense. The AR-15 has a starting magazine capacity that is usually 20-30 round, it is lightweight, low recoil, and has replaceable magazines for extra capacity. Be sure that in times of uncertainty you can rely on this firearm.
- Glock 19 - The Glock 19 is sturdy and easy to disassemble and put together. It also has a firm grip that is perfect for home defense.
- Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum - This gun is undeniably one of the best revolvers out there. The .357 magnum can shoot both .357 and .38 caliber rounds. It also has enough power to go through multiple walls and enough muzzle energy to windshields and light cover.
Guns should be and can be legal but most importantly with a precaution that the person that is going to have a gun, or access, is mentally fit and has a full understanding of the gun. Owners must maintain and keep their guns safe and for legal use only. Owning a gun can provide protection for some, while still having a hobby or a sport that they can enjoy. We should all keep in mind that owning a gun is a right and a privilege. We are all accountable for our actions and we should be a great example to help remove the stigma towards guns.
Basic firearm safety rules:
- Always point your firearm in a safe direction all the time.
- All guns are loaded, treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
- Keep your finger outside the trigger until you are ready to fire at your target.
- Be certain of your target, identify first your target and what is behind it.
- Always wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- Keep and maintain a continuous firearm practice routine.
We all live in a world where guns and people can come hand in hand, whether for protection or love for sport shooting. It is a great investment and a reliable source of help in times of trouble, especially in this crazy place that we live in. We all should be ready to protect ourselves in situations we may not expect.
There is no right or wrong choice when buying a gun as long as you’re comfortable using it and of course, gun safety is of utmost priority and that includes firearm protection. You might need heavy-duty, quality cases to keep your firearms safe and secure. Here at Cedar Mill Fine Firearms, we are here to protect your rights and your guns.